Saturday 5 April 2014

Less than a month to the Marathon; Football season

On the 27th of April I'll be running my first ever marathon. The training has been going well, an 8.5km run on Sunday was followed by a tough 28km run on Monday and a 10km run on Wednesday. Of course, if somebody was just training for a marathon they'd take Tuesday and Thursday off but football commitments meant I had training on both days. 
No serious injuries thankfully, a few sore muscles in the legs the day after running but that's the worst of it.

We're into the last two months of the football season aswell. The first team have drawn 3 and lost 1 since the winter break which is not ideal, we'll finish in mid-table which is decent for a promoted side. 
Our second team are doing great, we've won 5 from 5 since the winter break and haven't conceded a goal in 4 games. We're joint top with a game in hand and have six games left. It would be great to win the league with the second team and would mean much more to me than winning the league with the firsts last season as I'm captain of the seconds this year. 

Tomorrow is arguably our biggest game of the season away to the 3rd placed team, with the team in 2nd not playing then a win tomorrow will put huge pressure on them to stay in touch. 

I scored my 5th penalty of the season 2 weeks ago in a 1-0 win. One of the lads got a video of the goal. It was an extremely tough away game and thankfully the goal came with 10 minutes to go.


Staying with football, it has been a below par performance from the Champions of Ireland to date. We've won 1 drawn 3 and lost 1. The loss came last night at home to Dundalk, losing 4-1. Need to get our act together before the summer because that's when the fixtures will start to congest with our Champion's League Qualifier.

I got to a Bundesliga game a few weeks ago aswell, Frankfurt losing 4-1 at home to Freiburg. (What is it and 4-1 home losses)
Showing off the Supersaints scarf in the CommerzBank Arena

I have 2 months left now in Bad Kissingen before my teaching course starts in Dublin. Still very curious as to what country I'll be living in next year. On the internet I've been looking up different places to teach, they vary from Brazil to the Middle-East to Germany and Spain. It's a real pity there's not an established English speaking school here in Bad Kissingen. But I suppose the reason I have to leave is because it's too small and the reason I love it here is because it's too small.

Anyway I'm still accepting Donations for the Marathon. 

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/robbie_osullivans_event

The Donations are for the following charity that I chose: http://www.pieta.ie/ They are a great charity and do some really important work around Ireland, so any Donations they get the better.
Having a Paddy's Day pint after a long run to get the Iron into me

No comments:

Post a Comment